About Me

My photo
...and all i wanna do is declare these simple truths

Sunday, August 14, 2011

bittersweet

bit·ter·sweet 
adj.
  1. bitter and sweet at the same time.
  2. producing or expressing a mixture or pain and pleasure
that's the first word that comes to mind when i try to put into words how i feel after saying goodbye to people and places that have been my community the past thirteen weeks. Shaunu Niequist sums it up pretty well too...
"There are times when the actual experience of leaving something makes you wish desperately that you could stay, and then there are times when the leaving reminds you a hundred times over why exactly you had to leave in the first place."
After spending thirteen weeks at Pine Cove and being refined, stretched, challenged, blessed, encouraged, and empowered daily I know that it is time to start a new season. To say goodbye to people that I may never see again...or see you later to those I will never forget, and to start living. Living out the simple truths that the Lord revealed to me so faithfully this summer. In order to do that I have to process. Attempt to at least. To remember. So that's what this blog is for. To process, remember, and proclaim the great work that God has done and is currently doing in my life. So...here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment