About Me

My photo
...and all i wanna do is declare these simple truths

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Faith: choosing to believe.

"[Wait] with Me for a while. I have much to tell you. You are walking along the path I have [chosen for you]. It is both a privileged and perilous way: experiencing My glorious Presence and heralding that reality to others. Sometimes you feel presumptuous to be carrying out such an assignment. Do no worry about what other people think of you. The work I am doing in you is hidden at first. But eventually blossoms will burst forth, and [abundant] fruit will be borne. Stay on the path of Life with Me. Trust Me [wholeheartedly], letting my spirit fill you with Joy and Peace."

I feel as if I will find myself clinging to this time and time again over the next year.

Senior year? What?? It is day two and I am already being forced to make decisions that will significantly influence the next season of my life...and I am not so sure how I feel about that yet.

My flesh wants to have all of my ducks in a row. To make sure everything is going to work out according to my plan. The Spirit, however, demands faith.

"Now faith is the [assurance] of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen..."         -Hebrews 11:1
So, according to Hebrews 11, we are called to believe God's promises and to allow that belief to be evident in our actions. By faith Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, and Sara lived their lives in such a way that  reflected their belief that God is who He says He is and that He blesses His children.
I want to live my life like that too. To engage with a God that [overflows]. A God that has my best interest in mind and seeks to bless me. A God that is proud to proclaim Himself as my God simply because I am engaging with Him and [drawing near].
"...And through his faith, though he died, he still speaks..."    -Hebrews 11:4
Just like Abel, my life and ministry won't be perfect, but thankfully, our God [chooses] to use broken people...and just as He chooses to use us, I am choosing to believe that He will use me to accomplish His purposes. If I am trusting my God [wholeheartedly] with my life, my labor will not be in vain.

...eventually blossoms will burst forth, and abundant fruit will be borne...

No comments:

Post a Comment