About Me

My photo
...and all i wanna do is declare these simple truths

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My Creator is Creative

cre·a·tive/krēˈātiv/

  1. having the ability or power to create.

  2. designed to or tending to stimulate the imagination.

  3. characterized by sophisticated bending of the rules or conventions


My God is a creative God.

The Lord showed me time and time again this summer just how creative He was...whether it was through the way He painted the sky with rays of sunshine stretching across and through a blanket of purples and pinks, the way spiritual application could be made with any and every activity, or simply through day to day interactions and conversations with people. The latter being the one that hits the closest to home because I had the opportunity to share my story, the great work that God has done in and through me, every Sunday night with my entire cluster of girls...4 counselors, 32 campers. I also had the privelage of hearing my counselor's stories each week. Every day presented itself with another opportunity to hear about the great work that the Lord was doing in someone's life. Everyone's story different. Very different. Hearing so many stories and seeing just how different each was made me realize the creativity of our God. He works miracles in our lives. Daily. He showers us with blessings. Daily. He enables us to endure trials. Daily. He refreshes us with the joy of who He is. Daily. But. As if that wasn't awesome enough, the coolest part is that all of those things look different for different people. Daily.

"It is a merciful Father who strips us when we need to be stripped, as the tree needs to be stripped of its blossoms. He is not finished with us yet, whatever the loss we suffer, for as we loose hold on visible things, the invisible become more precious...He deals with us according to His intimate knowledge of who we are and what we need to bring us to conformity with the image of His son."         -Elisabeth Elliot


 My God knows me so well that he knows exactly what I need to look more like Him. He won't allow me to endure any more or less than necessary to conform me to the image of His son. He knows exactly how much I can endure. He knows what will draw me closer. He knows me intimately. 

Psalm 139
1O LORD, you have searched me and known me
2Youknow when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar.
3You search out my path and my lying down
   and are acquainted with all my ways.
4Even before a word is on my tongue,
   behold, O LORD, you know it altogether.
5You hem me in, behind and before,
   and lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
   it is high; I cannot attain it.

I have seen His perfect provision in my life and the more stories I hear, the more I see His perfect provision lived out in so many different ways in others. How sweet it is to be known by the God of the universe. The God that has overcome the world, conquered death, and rose from the grave. That is the God that knows me. And you. Every new person you meet is a chance to learn more about the character of God and the creative ways that He works. As He reveals Himself in different ways to each of us He leads us on our own unique journey. No two are the same. No two callings are the same. He calls people to serve Him any and everywhere so that they can use their gifting to best serve Him. All because He knows us. There is no doubt about it...my God is a creative God.



No comments:

Post a Comment